Kybella & Deoxycholic Acid Injections
Excess fat under the chin and on other body parts can be bothersome and impacts self-esteem. That’s why fat dissolving treatment can help to blast fat cells and help reduce the appearance of stubborn fat. Fat under the chin reduces the appearance of a chiseled jawline and lower face. Kybella or deoxycholhic acid can be injected to permanently destroy these fat cells. However, we can now also treat other off label areas with deoxycholic, including the lower stomach, bra bulge, back fat, flanks, and arms. Best results are seen after 3-6 treatments and each treatment is performed one month apart.
Are You The Right Candidate For Fat Dissolving Injections?
Fat dissolving injections can be used to supplement a healthy lifestyle in effort to lose the last bit of stubborn fat. Fat dissolving injections are great for those who have stubborn pockets of pinch-able fat that may be hard to lose with diet and exercise.
How Fat Dissolving Treatment Works
Small, stubborn pockets of fat are hard to get rid of with just diet and exercise, so fat dissolving can help to improve that. If you are unsure about whether this treatment will work for you, we recommend booking an in-person consultation to discuss your treatment plan with our expert nurse injector.
The treatment is performed after applying a topical numbing cream and landmarking the exact injection points. The treatment area is divided into sections where the deoxycholic acid is injected directly. Results are visible after the initial post-treatment swelling subsides.
Pre and post treatment care instructions are provided.
Typical Treatment Areas
Fat dissolving injections can be applied to many different areas of the body. Typically the area should have a pinch-able amount of fat.
Typical treatment areas include:
- under chin fat
- bra fat
- back fat
- arm fat
- lower abdominal fat
- inner and outer thigh
- love handles
Before and After Care for Phosphatidylcholine Deoxycholic Acid (PC/DC)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- The treatment area will look pale due to the local anaesthetic used and will feel numb.
- There can be some redness, stinging and burning within 15 minutes to 2 hours after treatment and later swelling and bruising which peaks between 6-72 hours.
- Should any redness or a small limp be experienced, use warm compresses several times a day. You may experience several post-inflammatory nodules. These indicate ongoing fat necrosis (a good thing……) these will disappear within 30 days.
- Results from treatment can often be noted about 4-5 weeks after your last treatment depending on your metabolism and body type.
- Evidence of milk skin retraction may begin to appear at 10-14 days post-injection. This improvement may be more evident in a photograph than in your own estimation.
- Inflammation will be present up to 4 weeks after treatment, which will limit any visible result.
- The inflammatory response continues and you may not see the final result for up to one year.
- Immediately following the procedure, ice should be applied to the area and may be applied as needed to reduce swelling for the first 48 hours.
- Do not wash or take a shower for at least 4 hours after treatment.
- Arnica gel can be applied three times a day for 48 hours to resolve bruising.
- Do not take anti-inflammatories (aspirin) or Vitamin E for 24 hours after injections. You can use painkillers (paracetamol) for any discomfort.
- Hot tubs, saunas, Jacuzzis and massages are not recommended for 48 hours after treatment. After 48 hours, these ARE recommended to assist in healing.
- Avoid direct sun exposure, tanning beds for two weeks post treatment.
- Massage the treated area for about 15 minutes per day for two weeks after treatment to aid the process of fat elimination.
- Walking 20-30 minutes daily during the course of treatment will aid in effectiveness. Avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours.
- Drink lots of fluids (water) for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol to facilitate hepatic handling of toxins
- Make a follow-up appointment for 4 weeks. If you are having more than one body part treated
- simultaneously, make an appointment in two weeks alternately. Failure to follow the above advice will
- result in less than desired results.